Friday, January 25, 2013

For I was thirsty...

Good morning! 

I went to go get some water this morning and there was not any! That began about a half hour process for some clean drinking water. I went out to switch the inverter to generator. An older guy on the street asked if he could get some clean water because his stomach was hurting. I told him it would take me about 15 to 20 minutes to get some drinking water for him. He said, "Ok" and smiled. I went to start our borrowed generator, turned on the borrowed pump, washed out some borrowed buckets, cleaned them, put unhealthy water into the buckets and then poured the water through a borrowed filter. I caught some with a cup and took it out to the older man. This experience gave me a whole different view of giving a cup of water in the name of Jesus (Mt 10:42; 25:42-45). Blessed to have the ability to have clean drinking water and share it no matter how long it takes. Jesus said, "...but the water that I will give him will become in him a well of water springing up to eternal life (Jn 4:14). Thank you for sharing with us so we can share what we have to help meet the temporal needs of others and watch God use that to open a door to see Him meet their eternal needs. 

-Eric

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful, I really appreciate it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you too!